Saturday, October 22, 2011

Marketing pays off...


Two local galleries were having shows of local talent and I was able to get some marketing done.  The first I hit was Arts and the Avenue.  It was my first time at this gallery and I spoke with the owner for quite some time about my modeling.  She didn't appear overly enthusiastic about upcoming possibilities but she agreed to take some of my business cards to pass on to some local artists.  I dropped them off this morning with a copy of my resume.

The second gallery, Middle Georgia Arts Association, was where I posed earlier this year.  I met with Mae, association president, and Glenda, board of directors, and our re-meet was very pleasant and enthusiastic.  Glenda's painting is above.  Glenda was very positive and said they would use me in the new year once they get their schedule up.  Also she passed my name to an Atlanta artist who does figure work and was very supportive.  Things may begin to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment