Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Figure drawing class...


Tuesday was a good day.  I finally got my chance to model for Wesleyan College's fall semester figure drawing class.  six students, all very young, female, and very inexperienced, attended the class.  They got the chance to view a very middle-aged, very male, and very inexperienced model for the very first time.  I did a set of gesture poses and then three long, somewhat strenuous; 20-minute poses for the remainder of the session.  It's been a while since my last figure drawing session and afterwards I remembered the challenges of holding poses for any length of time.  Thank goodness for Advil.

The students were well behaved - no snickering, at least in front of me; and some of their work was quite good.  I wish I had asked if I could take some photos of their sketches to add to my portfolio but accounting that it was their first work with a live, male, model I didn't want to intrude on their work.  I will ask in two weeks, though, when  I pose for them again.  All in all it was a very good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment