Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rejection!

It feels great to be wanted.  I received a call back to read for the role of Gordon (the dead man) in Sarah Ruhl’s “Dead Man’s Cell Phone” being produced by Wesleyan College.  The same day I received an invite to be in the musical “Sing Hallelujah!” at Warner Robins Little Theatre.   I turned down “Sing” because I really want the role of Gordon, and I plan on auditioning for “Twentieth Century” at Theatre Macon if DMSP doesn’t work out.  But I really want the role of Gordon.  I’ll be playing around with the monologue according to the director, Dr. Frazer Lively.  There will be some profound hurdles, though, since I’m 51 and the lead role, Jean,  is a 19-year-old freshman.  The play calls for Gordon to be 30-50 and Jean 30-40 so it just depends on how young I can be.  It should be interesting this afternoon.  Wish me many broken legs. 

Well, I didn't get the part.  That comes with the territory.  I guess I was just too old.  On to the next part!

No comments:

Post a Comment